DNNBackup provides complete backup and restore of any DNN (DotNetNuke) or Evoq Installation (complete instances). The restore can be made back to the source server or to a new destination.
DNNBackup is perfect for moving DNN installations from your local development machine to a deployment server, from a remote server to another remote server or for archival purposes. Power users are free to customize many options.
This Backup and Restore DotNetNuke module works on ANY ISP, including Azure and shared servers like PowerDNN, GoDaddy, WebHost4Life, and Discount ASP.
DNNBackup is the evolution of BackupNative and BackupScript modules.
- The perfect companion for DNNUpgrade (Accelerate and automate your DNN upgrades).
- Ideal solution for website cloning, copy, move or archival.
- The Perfect companion for DNNUpgrade (the best way to accelerate and automate you DNN upgrade process).
- Our backup technologies are always evolving, and have been tested by hundreds of happy users since 2005!. Check our reviews.
- Easy to use: There is no need for the user to configure any setting.
The module is auto-configured with the optimal settings for the current hosting environment. Advanced users can customize what, when and where to backup.
- This is the first DNN Backup module capable of producing standard easy to read SQL scripts.
- Differential Files Backup: Option to backup only the new or updated files.
- You can backup your Evoq site running in the cloud and restore it into a standard server and SQL
- SQL Server Native backups are a free feature (no license key is needed).
- Offsite backups: backups can be automatically saved to remote locations like a FTP server, Amazon S3, Windows Azure, Rackspace CouldFiles and/or Dropbox.
- Evotiva DNNBackup can restore your site from scratch.
- This module does NOT depend on SMO or any other external component.
It provides a wide range of backup options, adapted to all hosting environments. E.g., regarding the database backup, it can use the standard SQL Server (native) backup engine, the standard SQL Server DACPAC backup (based on SQL Server’s APIs), the SQL Server's SMO interface, or it can use the module's own (TSQL) backup engine.
- Multiple schedules: advanced users can configure different scheduled jobs with different frequencies.
- Tested on Windows Azure and most popular hosting providers including shared servers like GoDaddy, WebHost4Life, Discount ASP and PowerDNN.
- Tested on Medium Trust hosting environments.
- Database Support: All SQL Server versions and editions are supported. From SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2008 R2 (including the Express editions) and SQL Azure.
- Secure backup and restore operations: user credentials are verified before allowing any operation, password protected backup files. Optionally; you can choose the folder name and location (even a protected folder, outside the web site root) where to store the backup files, and you can also choose how the backup files will be named.
Q: Can DNNBackup export a specific portal from one DNN instance to another DNN instance in another DB?
A: No. it's very complex. There are too many direct, indirect and unknown relationships between different components (inside and outside the database). Especially 3rd party extensions which might be saving settings (perhaps encrypted who knows how), saving data who knows where, etc.
On top of that, there is the problem about DNN core versions mismatch between different DNN instances, installed/missing extensions and/or installed but featuring different versions.
In summary, a nightmare, for sure featuring too many 'gone wrong' scenarios, and thus a support hell which we don't want to be part of.
Q: Is it possible to Backup and Restore only a one Portal?
A: See previous question.