8.8.1 (Thursday, August 12, 2021)
- ENH: Updated the Dropbox connector to support their latest security updates. Re-authentication could be required.
- ENH: Updated the Google Drive connector to support their latest security updates. Re-authentication could be required.
- ENH: Offsite SFTP option improvements.
- CHG: Some general updates and small fixes.
8.7.7 (Tuesday, May 25, 2021)
- ENH:DAC: Support system-versioned tables (SQL Server 2016+)
- ENH:DAC backup/restore improvements
- ENH:Restore: Improved restore performance dropping objects
8.7.4 (Saturday, January 30, 2021)
- ENH: Allow very large uploads to DropBox
- ENH: DAC backups: Support for SQL Server 2019 (Nov 2020)+
8.7.2 (Friday, July 24, 2020)
- ENH: Improved .NET version report.
- ENH: Restore wizard: Show 'is primary' portal alias in grid.
- ENH: Tested on DNN 9.4, 9.5 and DNN 9.6
- ENH: Restore Wizard: db connection defaults to standard database.
- FIX: Direct backup file downloads could be corrupted on DNN 9.4+
- FIX: Restore Pack updated for DNN 9.4+
8.6.1 (Monday, April 8, 2019)
- ENH: New Tool to Shrink Database, Delete entries older than X day for DNN Admin Log, Site Log, Schedule History, and Host (Server) Log Files. I.e. .log.resources files under /portals/_default/Logs
- ENH: Optimized blobs folders processing at restore time
- ENH: New option to include tokens (variables) in backup file names.
- ENH: Tested on DNN 9.3.2
- ENH: New default values for some settings (related with SSL / TLS 1.2+)
- FIX: Fix possible timeout deleting old (current) database objects before recreating them at restore time.
- FIX: Fix possible SQL error scripting data of tables featuring a structure that goes against every SQL common sense and good practice.
8.5.1 (Tuesday, September 11, 2018)
- ENH: Compatible with DNN 9.2.2.
- ENH: Compatible with upcoming (Nov 2018) changes in the Box API.
- ENH: DACPAC default restore settings updated for better compatibility.
- ENH: Updated DACPAC API to the latest version.
- ENH: Improved .NET version detection.
- ENH: Avoids 'transaction log full' problem in most installations. It depends also in your database, DNNBackup cannot do magic(yet).
- ENH: Improved database wipe out procedure after a restore operation.
- FIX: Fixed wrong message errors at localhost regarding signalr.
- FIX: Various improvements and bug fixes.
8.4 (Tuesday, April 3, 2018)
- ENH: Database backup improvements ('script' and 'dacpac')
- ENH: Restore Wizard improvements.
- ENH: Improved support for various SQL Server versions and editions.
- FIX: Solved database backup issues that could happen in DNN 8+, including all DNN 9 version up to DNN 9.2+
- FIX: Solved Restore Wizard issues that could affect some DNN 9 installations.
- NOTE: Created DNNBackup version 8.3.90. It's like 8.4 except it can run on .NET Framework 4.5. Many useful features will be unavailable, though. Notice .NET Framework 4.6 was released on 20 July 2015. It's time to upgrade the ancient .NET 4.5, I think...
- NOTE: When upgrading from a previous DNNBackup version (any version released before 8.4) please request an updated license key BEFORE installing this version.
8.3 (Friday, March 16, 2018)
- ENH: Compatible with DNN 9.2
- ENH: Improved logs output.
- ENH: Improved .NET version detection.
- ENH: Improved SQL Server version detection.
- ENH: Improved compatibility with sites running in the DNN Cloud offering in Azure.
- ENH: Improved compatibility with case-sensitive SQL Server installations.
- ENH: SMO script database backup: added support for UserDefinedTypes and UserDefinedTableTypes.
- ENH: TSQL script database backup: added support for UserDefinedTableTypes.
- FIX: Solved problem with backup/restore of 'script'database backups in DNN 9
- FIX: General updates, bugs fixes and improvements.
8.2.1 (Sunday, October 15, 2017)
- ENH: Upgraded DAC library. Improved DACPAC backup and restore operations.
- ENH: New DACPAC backup settings.
- ENH: New DACPAC restore settings. Improved restore experience between heterogeneous environments and SQL versions.
- ENH: The log files now includes information about the size of the generated backup files.
- ENH: Improved .NET version detection.
- ENH: New 'cache' and 'temp' folders added to the default exclusions list.
- ENH: Improved notification emails (fixed contents, and more).
- ENH: Restore Wizard: improved .NET version mismatch detection.
- ENH: Better feedback about missing 'db_owner' permission in the the module and Restore Wizard.
- ENH: On screen feedback about outdated .NET version.
- ENH: Added SignalR troubleshooting hints and tests.
- ENH: Improved install and uninstall script.
8.1.2 (Tuesday, July 18, 2017)
- ENH: Improved compatibility with DNN 9.1+
- ENH: Upgraded DropBox library
- ENH: Upgraded DAC library.
- ENH: Improved 'in progress' page information.
- ENH: Implemented workaround for 'HttpContext.Current is NULL' problem happening on some installations.
- FIX: In some cases, editing a scheduled job enabled 'script' backup when it was disabled.
- CHG: Requires .NET 4.6 or later.
- NOTE: Please notice this (harmless) bug in DNN 9 up to at least 9.1.1: https://dnntracker.atlassian.net/browse/DNN-10143.
You can comment / vote there for it to be fixed, and/or you can fix it yourself in your database as it is described in the DNN support ticket.
8.1 (Thursday, May 11, 2017)
- ENH: Off Site: New Google Drive option.
- ENH: Off Site: New Box option.
- ENH: Off Site: Dropbox: Upgraded to the latest API (NOTE: Dropbox is shutting down their previous version of their API).
- ENH: Off Site: Amazon S3: Upgraded to the latest API.
- ENH: Off Site: Amazon S3: New 'Storage Type' setting.
- ENH: Off Site: Amazon S3: Now supporting more regions and authorization mechanisms.
- ENH: Off Site: Amazon S3: Improved UI.
- ENH: Added reminder to perform "Database schema validations" when DACPAC backup is enabled and "Verify Extraction"is disabled.
- ENH: New documentation videos.
- ENH: Many small updates and improvements.
- FIX: Added some optional DLLs required in some installations.
8.0.0 (Friday, March 3, 2017)
- ENH: New DACPAC backup method. Built upon standard MS SQL Server APIs. In most cases, it allows SQL Server version upgrade/downgrade.
- ENH: New tool: Validate database schema (finds invalid objects in the database). Please run it at least once, to verify your database (especially when relying on DACPAC backups).
- ENH: Logs and on-screen output enhancements.
- ENH: Restore Pack Loader enhancements.
- ENH: Libraries updated for SQL Server 2016 compatibility.
- ENH: Restore Wizard enhancements (notifications, useful warnings and information, etc.)
- ENH: Enhanced background manual backup.
- ENH: Log files now follow the same retention policies defined for the other files.
- ENH: Tweaked Backup Priority options.
- ENH: Lots of small (but useful) updates everywhere.
- NOTE: If you are also using our DNNUpgrade module, please verify you are using version 1.8 or later.
7.8.1 (Thursday, August 25, 2016)
- CHG: Starting with this version, DNNBackup requires DNN 7.10+ and .NET 4.5.2+.
DNNBackup version 7.7 is still good for DNN4 and up, and .NET 3.5 and up.
- ENH: Updated DropBox library. Now working in DNN 8.
- ENH: Removed upload max. size limit for DropBox.
- ENH: In new installations, the module will be auto-installed in a newly created Host page: Host > DNN Backup
- ENH: Better handling of 'primary' portal aliases (Restore Wizard).
- ENH: Updated Azure library. Now working in DNN 8 (Restore Wizard).
- ENH: Restore Pack is now based on DNN 7.1 (no more .vb stuff)
- ENH: The Schedule Task (schedule runner) now has a friendly name.
- ENH: Updated the location where to configure the 'Schedule Mode' (now valid also for newer DNN versions).
- ENH: Now the notification emails will reference the primary portal.
- FIX: Off Site Uploads in 'the Backup Folder Browser' was unavailable when the paging controls were not visible.
- FIX: Fixed crash editing a scheduled task with a specific configuration.
7.7.0 (Wednesday, June 8, 2016)
- ENH: Download file: Improved compatibility with download managers.
- ENH: Tested up to DNN 8.0.3
- ENH: Better handling of encrypted objects in SMO mode.
- ENH: Improved operation of setting a new default (primary) portal at restore time.
- ENH: Added extra information in the backup metadata.
- ENH: The scheduled task (scheduled runner) is no named, in the DNN versions that supports this.
- ENH: Improved compatibility with databases installations where the db user does not have full rights.
- CHG: No more messages/warnings when going from .NET 4.5 to .NET 4.6.
- FIX: In some cases, the database was wrongly identified as 'local'.
- FIX: TSQL mode: Fixed 'precision' for numeric, time, datetimeoffset, and datetime2 values.
- CHG: Some other minor changes and bug fixes.
7.6.0 (Thursday, February 11, 2016)
- ENH: Custom "from" notification email address.
- ENH: New Schedule options: 'Work Days' and 'Weekends'.
- ENH: Auto-delete uncompleted ZIP file.
- ENH: The data in the backup.config file is now encrypted.
- ENH: Database backup in T-SQL mode: added support for spatial indexes.
- ENH: Database backup in T-SQL Mode: added support for more data types (hierarchyid, date, datetime2, time, datetimeoffset, and more.
- ENH: Database backup in SMO mode: Upgraded SMO libraries up to SQL Server 2014 compatibility level.
- ENH: Restore Wizard: Allow individual settings to be updated in the 'Critical Host Settings' page.
- ENH: Restore Wizard: Improved information about a failing native restore due to missing server permissions.
- ENH: Restore Wizard: Welcome Screen: Added information about the .Net and current SQL versions.
- ENH: Native database backup: Added support for the "CHECKSUM" option.
- ENH: New settings to allow notifications about new versions and license expiration.
- ENH: Improved .NET version detection.
- ENH: Added more useful data in the backup.config file.
- ENH: Improved scheduled and manual backup logs.
- ENH: Show warning message if the module is in a public page.
- ENH: Improved security when launching a restore in a running DNN site.
- CHG: Tweaked 'Exclude known tables list'.
- FIX: Restore Wizard: It was allowing moving to the next page when some mandatory data was missing.
7.5.0 (Friday, March 13, 2015)
- ENH: Option to delete entries older than XX days for EventLog, SiteLog and ScheduleHistory tables.
- ENH: Now by default (new installations) the option to exclude search index files and cache files will be enabled.
- ENH: Tools: Lists detailed information about the physical database files.
- ENH: Settings auto-install: If a "Evotiva.DNNBackup.Settings.resources" file exists in the Host root folder (/portals/_default ) or the module's installation folder (DesktopModules/Evotiva-DNNBackup), it will be auto-applied (and deleted) when browsing to the module's main page, or when launching a backup.
The "Evotiva.DNNBackup.Settings.resources" file, is a standard "Export Content" file generated from the module, renamed and edited as needed.
- FIX: Solved problem truncating the DNN Event Log in DNN 7.4+
7.4.0 (Saturday, January 24, 2015)
- ENH: Some UI enhancements.
- ENH: Updated Azure API.
- ENH: Off-site backup will upload the log file, and delete the local version if configured to do so.
- CHG: Default retry for schedule runner updated to be compatible with any dnn version.
- FIX: Fix script backup for some xml data (e.g. the 2SexyContent module’s ToSIC_EAV_DataTimeline table).
- FIX: Fix standalone restore wizard connection to dropbox.
- FIX: Fix email notifications when the module is in a ‘host’ page (in this case the email is sent to the defined ‘host’ email address).
7.3.0 (Wednesday, August 6, 2014)
- CHG- New default settings for the scheduled task (DNN 7.3+ does not like the old ones).
- ENG- Improved .NET 4.5 detection.
- CHG- Updated the 'Browser' to allow querying off-site locations even when there are no local files.
- ENH- New querystring parameter to avoid loading the available tables list: ?notables=1. This will leave empty the “Available” and “Assigned” lists, and set “Tables List” as “Backup data for ALL except the assigned tables”. I.e. this functionality will be disabled.
- ENH- Speed (cache) improvements when loading the Database Settings page.
- ENH- New database setting: Comma separated list of tables (full name) to exclude when scripting the tables’ data. It allows the '*' wildcard in the beginning or the end of each expression. This setting will be ignored if the "Assigned" list is not empty.
7.2.3 (Saturday, May 24, 2014)
- CHG - Some general updates (minor).
- FIX - Fixed some issue related with float data.
- FIX - Fixed SQL 2005 compatibility issue with indexes (broken in 7.2.0).
- FIX - Fixed SQL Azure compatibility issue related with spatial data.
7.2.0 (Thursday, April 24, 2014)
- ENH - Updated for DNN 7.2.2.
- ENH - Enhanced some UI elements in both the module and the restore wizard.
- ENH - Clickable menu items images.
- ENH - New design for app_offline.
- ENH - Improved performance of the File System Folders' Size Analysis.
- CHG - No more warning messages when going from .NET 4.0 to 4.5.
7.1.0 (Friday, December 6, 2013)
- ENH - Updated for DNN 7.2.0
- ENH - FIPS compliant.
- ENH - Browser: Added option to upload a local file to any of the configured off-site locations.
- ENH - Restore Wizard: Even when not included in the portal files backup, some standard (empty) DNN folders are recreated.
- ENH - Files backup: new options to allow easy excluding of the default DNN Search index folder and the default DNNUpgrade folder where DNN Upgrade Packages are saved.
- ENH - Added more database information to the module's configuration pages and backup log file.
- ENH - Restore Wizard: Minor general improvements.
- CHG - Updated FTP library.